Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Daytona 500

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Daytona 500

    Last years winner, Kevin Harvick.

    I can't wait for this race to start! Hendrick seems strong as always but what can ya do?! I hope KH and RCR team has a great year!

    Winner

    Ole smoke Tony

    Lets go 29 team
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Tony blows up around lap 127.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    I think this year is one where Tony is gonna come out and be focused for the entire season, and if his team's on the same page and they can get past the new setups from Chevy to Toyota, then I'll not only predict a Daytona 500 win, but a points title too.

    As usual though, with every racing season, luck and fortune are two major factors. We'll see how it goes, should be interesting.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Tony's a great driver, but I think the Toyota part will be his downfall. Apparently toy yoders are having some engine problems down there per some reports.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Yeah--that's the rub. I think people would have been more scared of Tony this year had he stayed in a Chevy because when he and Zip got that thing running right, few people could catch Tony, much less out-drive him.

    It all depends on how he and the crew adjust to the Toyota.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Nascar has already and will continue to alter the templates for Toyotas until they are in Victory lane regularly...
    That being said, I still don't see Smoke winning the championship again..

    This is little E's year, he has always rose to occassions like this, like the return to Daytona after big Dale died and such...I look for him to be leading going into the chase...If you gave him a 25th for everytime he blew up last year he would have been leading going in...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    I look for Jr to be strong as well.

    The reason Gibbs went to yotas was because he couldn't get any help from GM, they gave everything to Hendricks. So he went to yota so they could be the big dog and get all the factory backing, or at least the lions share.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Kinda what he had at Pontiac even though it was GM too.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    i'm glad nascar is back. it seems like a long, long time since homestead. i look for gibbs to be really strong this year in the toyotas. regardless it will be another hendrick year based on the shootout last saturday night.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Daytona 500

    Daytona is here!!!

    KH repeats!!! woot woot!!! Atleast I hope so, but I have a feeling smoke is gonna win this one! If not him then it's gonna be Hamlin or that shithead Jr!!! ( sorry my friends )
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •